What are cookies?
The Wesmart Financial and Administration Solutions (Pty) Ltd (WESMART), Website use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. Cookies are simple text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier, website’s domain name, and some digits and numbers.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize WESMART pages, or register with the WESMART site or services, a cookie helps WESMART to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same WESMART Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the WESMART features that you customised.
What types of cookies do we use?
Necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our website and using its features. For example, these cookies let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account.
Functionality cookies let us operate the site in accordance with the choices you make. For example, we will recognize your username and remember how you customized the site during future visits.
These cookies enable us and third-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the website. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience of the website.
How to delete cookies?
If you want to restrict or block the cookies that are set by our website, you can do so through your browser setting. Alternatively, you can visit www.internetcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers and devices. You will find general information about cookies and details on how to delete cookies from your device.
You have the right and ability to accept or decline Cookies. Kindly take note If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the WESMART services or Web sites you visit.
WESMART is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or APPs, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
WESMART may change this policy from time to time by updating this policy at any time. We will let you know via a prominent notice prior to the change becoming effective, however you are remined that you should check this policy/page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes.
Whenever the User is of the opinion that WESMART fails to comply with this Policy, the User may contact WESMART by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. WESMART will review the User’s representations made by email and, if within WESMART’S sole and absolute discretion advisable, take corrective action and in any event within (10) of days respond to User informing about corrective actions taken, if any.
Information that we collect and use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide our service to you. WESMART collects the following information:
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, full name and surname, address, phone number, state, province, ZIP/Postal code, city, cookies and usage data.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you from WESMART and its affiliates. If you have subscribed to receiving newsletters and marketing material, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
WESMART and it authorised affiliates receives various types of information (“Information”) from Users who access the website and or APPs, including personal information as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”), Act 2 of 2000, as well as The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
Should you contact us by phone, Skype, email or post or by any other method – we may hold the contact details or any additional information you provide to us on record for future reference and use.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
What we do/use with the information we gather
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you.
However, we may also use your information:
- For internal record keeping;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
- For information to notify you of changes, or to notify you of improvements of our products and services;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service;
- To monitor the usage of our service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes and/or to send promotional email communications about special offers, news, product updates or other information which we think you may find interesting and/or which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about using the email address which you have provided.
NOTE: Where you have chosen to receive such communication, you may opt out of these email communications.
- Where we have received your information in terms of providing you with Insurance Cover, we process this information in terms or the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013(POPIA) and your personal information is collected for this primary purpose of providing you with the insurance cover and for all other activities and processes incidental to and relevant to this purpose.
- WESMART does not and will not sell, rent or lease your information to any third parties. WESMART may however disclose your information to any of WESMART subsidiaries/underwriting managers/product distributors or any third-party service providers whose services or products you elect to use. WESMART has agreements in place to ensure compliance with POPIA.
Storing of Your Personal Data
Please note that we have the ability to retain any data that you provide on this website and any APP, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction by clicking submit/next. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you to enquire why you did not complete your transaction and improve our online operations.
You have the right to request, where necessary, that your personal information must be corrected or deleted. You may send this request/instructions to email@example.com.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and the security of your data is important to us. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission.
WESMART secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. WESMART secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Links to other APPs
By using our website and/or apps, you acknowledge that WESMART s Website and/or App’s may contain links to other websites and APPs of our affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, or service providers. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those websites or APPs. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to those websites and/or APPs in question.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our affiliates, our subsidiaries, holding company(s) and its other subsidiaries (if applicable).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties under strict confidentiality provisions under the following circumstances:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party if we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal data may be transferred.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/